AWIEF 2016 is going to be Bigger and Better!!
Thank you to everyone who came out to AWIEF 2015 and another huge thank you to all of our Sponsors, Speakers, Partners, Delegates and Visitors – without all of you, this event would just not have been possible.
In 2015 ICO Conferences and Events launched AWIEF, to create a discussion and a platform which supports an enabling environment for women to grow as successful entrepreneurs, to be economically and socially empowered, and to learn from various experiences and challenges across borders.
Outstanding African women from various African countries and the Diaspora candidly shared words, wisdom and stories of the experiences they have undergone in their professional and entrepreneurial journeys, the hard won lessons and the truth about the business world that not many people will tell you. Our young and emerging women entrepreneurs who massively attended were highly inspired and motivated.
A critical reflection on what is needed to accelerate sustainable development led to the joint agreement that all African States should really put their money where their mouths are and start investing in women and be proactive in promoting the culture of mentorship and entrepreneurship to boost the African economy and alleviate poverty.
AWIEF gets an Advisory Board
To make AWIEF more effective with programmes that have a direct effective approach to issues faced by African women and more hands-on than theory, we are introducing the AWIEF Advisory Board which is made up of high quality, outstanding and impactful African women who have made great strides in their respected fields.
Not only these women have been the winds of change in women empowerment and development advocacy but they have taken command of the boardroom in large corporate companies, made executive decisions that increased revenue, they are architects for women empowerment in their own rights and have been social stars by uplifting and empowering disadvantaged women and youth in their communities.
Meet AWIEF Advisory Board Members
- Regina AGYARE – Social Entrepreneur & Founder, Soronko Solutions Limited (Ghana)
- Shimite BELLO – Executive Secretary, Delta State Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises Development Agency (DMSMA) & Group President/CEO, Quintessential Group (Nigeria)
- Nathalie CHINJE – Founder/CEO, UPBEAT Marketing (Pty) Limited (South Africa)
- Mahawa KABA-WHEELER – Director, Women, Gender & Development Directorate (WGDD), African Union Commission (Ethiopia)
- Candide LEGUEDE – Founder/Director General, ARCANDIA Consulting Services & President, ECOWAS Federation of Business Women & Entrepreneurs – ECOWAS-FEBWE (Togo)
- Toki MABOGUNJE – Principal Consultant, Toki Mabogunje & Co. & Vice President, Lagos Chamber of Commerce and Industry - LCCI (Nigeria)
- Irene OCHEM – Managing Director, ICO Conferences & Events & Founder AWIEF (South Africa)
- Lucia QUACHEY – President, Ghana Association of Women Entrepreneurs & Vice President ECOWAS-FEBWE (Ghana)
- Zainab SALEH – President, International Women’s Society (IWS) Lagos (Nigeria)
- Ruka SANUSI – Founder & Principal, Alldens Lane Limited (Ghana)
Join us on 22 – 23 September 2016 at Oriental Hotel, Lagos, Nigeria for two days of women empowerment, capacity development and dialogue on the opportunities, gaps and solutions for enhancing economic transformation agendas that put women at the centre of Africa’s economic growth and development.
You can participate in AWIEF 2016 as Sponsor, Partner, Speaker, Exhibitor, Delegate or Visitor.